The Kitsuné stable has kicked out some serious jams over the years with its bad-ass single releases primped and tailored specifically for some straight up dancefloor debauchery. And while we’ve heard some pretty stellar tracks from Digitalism, Klaxons, and Thieves Like Us as of late, the imprint's impressive Maison compilation series has always seemed to catch us by surprise.
Read more »
Producer Alan Abrahams (a.k.a. Bodycode) has shared the bill with other well-known artists, Omar S., Move D, and Lawrence, among them, as well as lived in London, Portugal, and Berlin, where he currently resides. And though a life of globetrotting has inevitably shaped his musical style, his contemporary work largely reflects early inspiration from his childhood stomping grounds, a South African township called Bonteheuwel. Read more »
Coinciding with the spring release of his debut album, Moondagger, Detroit-based electronic indie-pop maestro Deastro will tour the U.S. this June. Shows begin on June 10, with two stops in New York, before meandering through the Midwest and wrapping up at L.A.’s Spaceland Gallery on June 25. The man born Randolph Chabot has been in the biz for 10 years already, and his performances are an energized blend of soaring pop and sweaty intensity.
Read more »
Montrealer Tiga will cross the (Canadian) border this month for a handful of tour dates around the U.S. Shows are in support of his forthcoming Ciao! album, set for release on May 19 (digital) and May 26 (physical) via Last Gang. Armed with his trusty shoes, he'll make an appearance at this year's Movement Festival in Detroit before heading to the West Coast and then back over the border for a few shows on his home turf.
05/22 New York, NY - Webster Hall
Read more »
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player