By now, fans of hip-hop are familiar with Stones Throw's Chrome Children series, and Volume 2 delivers more of the same eclectic hip-hop, soul, and funky electro beats found on the first. Here, Koushik and Percee P slink and croon their way through the saucy, energetic "Reverse Part 2."Read more »
The Social Registry is one of the labels we love for many reasons, and now throwing festivals one of them. The Brooklyn based-imprint is responsible for releasing records from the likes of Gang Gang Dance, Blood On the Wall, and Psychic Ills, and its roster is expanding exponentially. Recently enlisting psych duo Growing, Mike Bones, Sian Alice Group, and Douglas Armour to its army, the label will showcase its old and newfound talent with a two-day outdoor celebration at Brooklyn’s The Yard.
XLR8R was there Saturday, June 9, 2007 at the Victoria Theater in San Francisco for the world premier of Mash a film by skate photographer Gabe Morford and my old photo boss Mike Martin. Their film has set the benchmark for the urban fixed gear bike culture movement. In their own words, "It's not about stopping–it's about going as fast as you can. Commitment to every line, corner, and hill is what defines the style of these San Francisco riders. Come roll with us."
Read more »
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player