How fitting that the week we're raving about Pelican's new live DVD, After the Ceiling Cracked, the band announces an upcoming tour. Those in the Midwest and Southeastern U.S. can see the Chicago quartet thrashing their guitars about and living up to the instrumetal label so often given to them. Residents of other parts of the country will have to be content with the DVD, which becomes available on Tuesday. Read more »
Slug and Ant have returned, armed with their sixth studio album under the name Atmosphere. The hilariously titled When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold is due out April 22 on Rhymesayers, and comes after a series of EPs meant to tide fans over in the meantime.
Read more »
Ten years have passed since Richie Hawtin opened shop for his Minus imprint, so we were thrilled to hear the label has many celebratory plans for its anniversary. Of course, when Hawtin is at the helm, weird surprises are a foregone conclusion, and the anniversary will be no different, and the label will start celebrations with... 10 weeks of silence.
Read more »
Don’t think police in Jamaica are more lenient on ganja than other countries. Celebrities have been finding this out the hard way. Reggae singjay Miguel Collins, a.k.a Sizzla, was stopped in Kingston by police, who arrested the performer for marijuana possession. He was in court January 4, where he was sentenced to pay a fine of $100 or serve 10 days behind bars after pleading guilty to possession. Read more »
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player