"I get stupid and dumb like Just Ice and Mantronix," E-40 spits on the "Tell Me When To Go" remix. It's hard not to like that line, but it's also hard not to feel that that line is just for me, the over-30 hip-hopper. Does the younger generation even know about Just Ice and Mantronix? Have they ever even heard the names?Read more »
Somewhere in the city of Paris lurks French graffiti artist Psyckoze, and filmmakers Jean "Turf One" Labourdette and Marielle "Lela" Quesney were there to document his action in Dead Space. As its title suggests, the film follows Psyckoze through the empty landscape of abandoned tunnels, namely the famous Catacombs that stretch for 69 miles below the streets of Paris.
Jamie Reynolds, Simon Taylor, and James Righton (a.k.a. Klaxons) are on the verge of showing their stateside fan base that they’re more than the tip of an ambiguous iceberg dubbed new rave by releasing their full-length, Myths of the Near Future. But given that every year the British seem to have a new musical darling, there’s plenty to prove. Perhaps the most important thing is that they are more than a beacon for the new rave amalgam.
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- PodcastThe Range
- NewsGerd Readies New 12" for DFTD; Preview It Now
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player