Celebration Gets Modern
- Words: Fred Miketa
Celebration is far from a typical 4AD outfit. Featuring members from post-punk projects Lovelife and Jaks, the Baltimore-based trio whips up a post-goth circle of organ-driven mayhem that far exceeds the members’ spazz-punk pasts. Now prepping its sophomore release, The Modern Tribe, Celebration may be poised to join the ranks of 4AD legends, one sonic freak-out at a time.
Produced by TV on the Radio’s Dave Sitek (who also introduced the band to 4AD), The Modern Tribe finds the trio at its most, well, modern. Vocalist Katrina Ford moves past the androgynous howling present in Lovelife’s tracks, while multi-instrumentalist Sean Antanaitis keeps all limbs busy playing everything from the organ to guitar to bass. After spending the last few years touring with the likes of Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Blood Brothers, and TV on the Radio, Celebration is poised to establish themselves as 4AD’s newest tribe.
The Modern Tribe is out in October on 4AD.
5. Fly The Fly
6. Tame The Savage
7. Hands Off My Gold
8. In This Land
10. Wild Cats
11. Our Hearts Don’t Change
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player