Cut and Paste Design Tournament
- Words: Cameron Octigan
Cut & Paste Digital Design Tournament is an annual chance for designers to compete and converse about the creative process, and the multi-city tournament is once again accepting entries for this year’s contest. Eight designers will go head-to-head, while projectors stream their live designs across the venue, and be judged by an elected panel and an internet audience. Themes are provided in advance, and participants will have 15 minutes to craft their masterpieces from scratch.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t live near the event hub in New York City. Cut & Paste is functioning on a global scale, from Portland to San Francisco, Berlin to Tokyo.
Entries must be submitted online by Tuesday, July 17. Get to it.
09/15 New York
09/29 San Francisco
10/13 Los Angeles
11/10 Hong Kong
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player