Cut and Paste Design Tournament
- Words: Cameron Octigan
Cut & Paste Digital Design Tournament is an annual chance for designers to compete and converse about the creative process, and the multi-city tournament is once again accepting entries for this year’s contest. Eight designers will go head-to-head, while projectors stream their live designs across the venue, and be judged by an elected panel and an internet audience. Themes are provided in advance, and participants will have 15 minutes to craft their masterpieces from scratch.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t live near the event hub in New York City. Cut & Paste is functioning on a global scale, from Portland to San Francisco, Berlin to Tokyo.
Entries must be submitted online by Tuesday, July 17. Get to it.
09/15 New York
09/29 San Francisco
10/13 Los Angeles
11/10 Hong Kong
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player