Diplo Plays Apple's Midnight Mix Event
- Words: Fred Miketa
Party impresario Diplo has one demanding schedule that includes discovering acts like Bonde Do Role, founding non-profits, and playing music around the world.
Friday sees the Mad Decent label founder and Renaissance man making time for Apple’s Midnight Mix Series at the Fifth Avenue store in Manhattan. Taking place from midnight until 2 a.m., the series gives New Yorkers a chance to check their emails, peep new printers, and dance at the same time. The event has already hosted François K and Marc Ronson, with Tim Sweeney with Tim Goldsworthy (DFA), and Spank Rock will soon follow. Festivities are free too, so tourists who just spent all their cash on souvenirs can still experience justified raging.
Diplo will play the 5th Avenue Apple Store on Friday, July 13 at midnight.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsHyperdub Details Third 10th-Anniversary Compilation
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
XLR8R Downloads Player