Diplo Plays Apple's Midnight Mix Event
- Words: Fred Miketa
Party impresario Diplo has one demanding schedule that includes discovering acts like Bonde Do Role, founding non-profits, and playing music around the world.
Friday sees the Mad Decent label founder and Renaissance man making time for Apple’s Midnight Mix Series at the Fifth Avenue store in Manhattan. Taking place from midnight until 2 a.m., the series gives New Yorkers a chance to check their emails, peep new printers, and dance at the same time. The event has already hosted François K and Marc Ronson, with Tim Sweeney with Tim Goldsworthy (DFA), and Spank Rock will soon follow. Festivities are free too, so tourists who just spent all their cash on souvenirs can still experience justified raging.
Diplo will play the 5th Avenue Apple Store on Friday, July 13 at midnight.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player