E-40 Releases Pre-Hyphy Era DVD
- Words: Fred Miketa
With the godfather of the hyphy movement E-40 in superstar mode, it’s about time someone paid respect to the hero’s past. Thankfully, prior to the launch of his new album, The Ball Street Journal, his very own Sick Wid’ It label, along with Jive, is releasing The Best of E-40: Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow–The Videos.
Featuring singles from 40’s Jive days, this collection cycles through 1993-2003’s pre-hyphy videos. There’s really nothing more refreshing than Timberland boots, Too $hort cameos, and a little Suga T. And while it’s easy to fall for 40’s new party slang rapped over Rick Rock’s futuristic beats, tracks like “Sprinkle Me” and “Rapper’s Ball” serve as a reminder for the godfather’s innovative lyrical visions.
Sure, it’s all on Youtube, but why worry about annoying buffering and resolution when you can watch “Captain Save A Hoe,” any time, any day. Could your friends be any more psyched?
The Best of E-40: Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow–The Videos is out July 17, 2007 on Sick Wid’ It/Jive/Legacy.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player