E-40 Releases Pre-Hyphy Era DVD
- Words: Fred Miketa
With the godfather of the hyphy movement E-40 in superstar mode, it’s about time someone paid respect to the hero’s past. Thankfully, prior to the launch of his new album, The Ball Street Journal, his very own Sick Wid’ It label, along with Jive, is releasing The Best of E-40: Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow–The Videos.
Featuring singles from 40’s Jive days, this collection cycles through 1993-2003’s pre-hyphy videos. There’s really nothing more refreshing than Timberland boots, Too $hort cameos, and a little Suga T. And while it’s easy to fall for 40’s new party slang rapped over Rick Rock’s futuristic beats, tracks like “Sprinkle Me” and “Rapper’s Ball” serve as a reminder for the godfather’s innovative lyrical visions.
Sure, it’s all on Youtube, but why worry about annoying buffering and resolution when you can watch “Captain Save A Hoe,” any time, any day. Could your friends be any more psyched?
The Best of E-40: Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow–The Videos is out July 17, 2007 on Sick Wid’ It/Jive/Legacy.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player