Jordan Isip Curates Scab On My Brain
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Philadelphia's Space 1026 gallery gets a taste of the strange world of New York-based artist Jordan Isip this month, as Isip gathers his work and 11 other artists together for Scab On My Brian.
Jordan Awan, Gregory Benton, Kiersten Essenpreis, Aya Kakeda, Liz Lee, Carl Dunn, Evah Fan, Mariano Ching, Louie Cordero, James Kirkpatrick, Nate Williams, and Isip himself use drawings, paintings, silkscreens, and sculptures to “create figurative narratives that are both allegorical and psychological.” That’s a rather broad statement, since most art is (or should be) allegorical or psychological. But interpretations aside, Scab On My Brain should be worth checking, given that Isip’s artistic resume is top-shelf (Adbusters, Juxtapoz, The NY Times). Expect a plethora of strange creatures (see Cordero's image below), wild color combinations, unsettling images of the human body, and a few minimalist pieces to round things out.
Scab On My Brain runs from July 6 - July 28, 2007
The opening reception is Friday, July 6, at 7 p.m.
Space 1026, 1026 Arch St., Philadelphia
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player