Puma Gets an Ice Cream Bike!
- Words: Fred Miketa
New York summers are exciting, but hotter than the deepest pit of hell, which makes leaving one’s house (or box-sized apartment, for most of us) a pretty unpleasant task. With that in mind, bike proponent Puma is taking a stand. For a few weeks in July, the streetwear company is sending its custom Biomega 8-Speed fold-up “Ice Cream” bike through Union Square, dispersing free treats to the sweaty masses.
The ice cream dude will be in the streets starting Thursday, July 19, from 12-2 p.m., and Saturdays during the month, from 1-4 p.m. He (we assume it’s a he) will also be handing out coupons for the Union Square store, giving folks a chance to win a brand new Biomega 8-Speed of their own.
This isn’t Puma’s first foray into bicycle terrain. The company recently launched the Re-Bike project, a tour with the Bicycle Film Festival showcasing pimped-out recycled bicycles from a bunch of publications (including XLR8R). What’s next, a doctor on a BMX giving free physicals?
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player