The Social Registry Throws a Social
- Words: Fred Miketa
The Social Registry is one of the labels we love for many reasons, and now throwing festivals one of them. The Brooklyn based-imprint is responsible for releasing records from the likes of Gang Gang Dance, Blood On the Wall, and Psychic Ills, and its roster is expanding exponentially. Recently enlisting psych duo Growing, Mike Bones, Sian Alice Group, and Douglas Armour to its army, the label will showcase its old and newfound talent with a two-day outdoor celebration at Brooklyn’s The Yard.
Coinciding with the label’s 4th anniversary, the festival will feature live performances from Americana bad boy TK Webb, Mike Barr’s newest brainchild Octis, jazz-pop outfit Artanker Convoy, and all of the aforementioned artists. New York has seen a lot of fests over the summer, but few have mixed guitar processed noise, post-folk, and freakout rock the way The Social Registry promises to dish out.
For directions and ticket details go to The Social Registry.
Festival Details and Lineup
Saturday, August 11th
Sian Alice Group
Sunday, August 12th
Gang Gang Dance
Sian Alice Group
Christy & Emily
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player