The Social Registry Throws a Social
- Words: Fred Miketa
The Social Registry is one of the labels we love for many reasons, and now throwing festivals one of them. The Brooklyn based-imprint is responsible for releasing records from the likes of Gang Gang Dance, Blood On the Wall, and Psychic Ills, and its roster is expanding exponentially. Recently enlisting psych duo Growing, Mike Bones, Sian Alice Group, and Douglas Armour to its army, the label will showcase its old and newfound talent with a two-day outdoor celebration at Brooklyn’s The Yard.
Coinciding with the label’s 4th anniversary, the festival will feature live performances from Americana bad boy TK Webb, Mike Barr’s newest brainchild Octis, jazz-pop outfit Artanker Convoy, and all of the aforementioned artists. New York has seen a lot of fests over the summer, but few have mixed guitar processed noise, post-folk, and freakout rock the way The Social Registry promises to dish out.
For directions and ticket details go to The Social Registry.
Festival Details and Lineup
Saturday, August 11th
Sian Alice Group
Sunday, August 12th
Gang Gang Dance
Sian Alice Group
Christy & Emily
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player