The Social Registry Throws a Social
- Words: Fred Miketa
The Social Registry is one of the labels we love for many reasons, and now throwing festivals one of them. The Brooklyn based-imprint is responsible for releasing records from the likes of Gang Gang Dance, Blood On the Wall, and Psychic Ills, and its roster is expanding exponentially. Recently enlisting psych duo Growing, Mike Bones, Sian Alice Group, and Douglas Armour to its army, the label will showcase its old and newfound talent with a two-day outdoor celebration at Brooklyn’s The Yard.
Coinciding with the label’s 4th anniversary, the festival will feature live performances from Americana bad boy TK Webb, Mike Barr’s newest brainchild Octis, jazz-pop outfit Artanker Convoy, and all of the aforementioned artists. New York has seen a lot of fests over the summer, but few have mixed guitar processed noise, post-folk, and freakout rock the way The Social Registry promises to dish out.
For directions and ticket details go to The Social Registry.
Festival Details and Lineup
Saturday, August 11th
Sian Alice Group
Sunday, August 12th
Gang Gang Dance
Sian Alice Group
Christy & Emily
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player