Zune Barbeques with Mos Def, UGK, E-40
- Words: Fred Miketa
Apparently, the digital-music innovator Zune is bent on hosting more than an assortment of tracks for download and rad software. In what might be seen as a strategic move in the corporate battle against the almighty iTunes, the Microsoft-owned company is offering the Zune Live at the BBQ series, which is based around the Zune Mantra (whoa) to “support art, music, and film in the digital space with technology and innovation.” Debuting in Los Angeles last week, the first edition included performances by Common, UGK, E-40, and Collie Budz, plus a grip of food.
Sunday, July 22, from 3 – 10 p.m. will see Zune Live at the BBQ in Chicago, with performances by Little Brother, Mos Def, Bilal, and Qualo. The venues are kept secret until two days before the show, so kids ready for ribs and indie hip-hop have a little homework to do.
In addition to the L.A. and Chicago shows, Zune’s also hosting a New York edition August 4, with a yet-to-be lineup. Where’s your iTunes now?
Little Brother is slate to perform in Chicago.
- FeatureHi-Five: Juju & Jordash Select Their Favorite Jazz Tracks
- NewsTechnics to Launch High-Resolution Download Store
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsNina Kraviz Details First трип Label Release; Preview It Now
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player