Bast Opens Devilwood Exhibition
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Hunting monsters are the latest theme engrossing Brooklyn-based visual artist Bast, and Devilwood, his forthcoming exhibition that will open in Los Angeles this weekend, features a grip of these twisted creatures adorned with found objects that double as weapons. Bast's paintings tend to examine destruction and uncertainty, and usually include elements from hip-hop culture. Devilwood should be no exception.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Devilwood opening Reception
New Image Art, 7908 Santa Monica Blvd., L.A.
7 - 10 p.m., Open to Public
Devilwood runs through Sunday, September 23, 2007.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player