Gear Alert: Korg Kaoss Pad 3
- Words: Fred Miketa
Korg’s third edition of the Kaoss Pad effects processor is no joke. Not unlike its preceding incarnations, the KP3 hosts a platform of effects, including several delays, flangers, and reverbs, and it also comes equipped with new algorithms, like an analog synth filter, a grain shifter, and expanded EQs. In addition to new parameters, the touchpad device also acts as an instrument unto itself, with actual vocoder and drum samples, plus the ability to trigger playback samples and sample on the fly. The KP3 is also a MIDI controller, which allows users to connect directly to their machines, rather than bothering with a mess of excessive cables. This bad boy has already been available a few months, and any DJ, producer, or musician could benefit from the bounty of this $399 electronic monolith.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player