Luke Vibert Returns
- Words: Fred Miketa
It seems like ages since Luke Vibert dropped Kerrier District 2 on Rephlex, and the techno veteran is back, this time with a release for the Planet Mu imprint. For Chicago, Detroit, Redruth, Luke’s trademark acid-style production remains, but the album also sees intricate piano melodies, church organs, and shades of (dare I say it) free jazz and even lounge-oriented disco. As usual, Vibert has tossed the masses another diverse piece of electronic mastery.
Chicago, Detroit, Redruth is out now on Planet Mu.
2. Brain Rave
3. Radio Savalas
4. Breakbeat Metal Music
7. Argument Fly
8. Rotting Flesh Bags
11. Chicago, Detroit, Redruth
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player