Luke Vibert Returns
- Words: Fred Miketa
It seems like ages since Luke Vibert dropped Kerrier District 2 on Rephlex, and the techno veteran is back, this time with a release for the Planet Mu imprint. For Chicago, Detroit, Redruth, Luke’s trademark acid-style production remains, but the album also sees intricate piano melodies, church organs, and shades of (dare I say it) free jazz and even lounge-oriented disco. As usual, Vibert has tossed the masses another diverse piece of electronic mastery.
Chicago, Detroit, Redruth is out now on Planet Mu.
2. Brain Rave
3. Radio Savalas
4. Breakbeat Metal Music
7. Argument Fly
8. Rotting Flesh Bags
11. Chicago, Detroit, Redruth
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player