Luke Vibert Returns
- Words: Fred Miketa
It seems like ages since Luke Vibert dropped Kerrier District 2 on Rephlex, and the techno veteran is back, this time with a release for the Planet Mu imprint. For Chicago, Detroit, Redruth, Luke’s trademark acid-style production remains, but the album also sees intricate piano melodies, church organs, and shades of (dare I say it) free jazz and even lounge-oriented disco. As usual, Vibert has tossed the masses another diverse piece of electronic mastery.
Chicago, Detroit, Redruth is out now on Planet Mu.
2. Brain Rave
3. Radio Savalas
4. Breakbeat Metal Music
7. Argument Fly
8. Rotting Flesh Bags
11. Chicago, Detroit, Redruth
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player