Modular Records Unveils New Artist Muscles
- Words: Fred Miketa
Melbourne-based Muscles is Modular Records’ one-man party machine. Similar to label mates New Young Pony Club and Cut Copy, this young Australian producer brings to the table heavy electro-pop, with vocals reminiscent of Bowie and Bloc Party’s Kele Okereke. His debut single “Ice Cream” created quite a stir amongst the blog-house sect, with the catchy chants and over-produced '80s synth stabs.
His debut long-player, Guns Babes Lemonade, finds the young producer singing silly songs about girls, the indie-scene, and his friends. And despite the juvenile content of these tracks, this particular blend of electro-pop totally justifies Muscles touring with the likes of Soulwax and earning remixes from fellow Australians Van She Technologic and Bag Raiders.
Guns Babes Lemonade is out October 16, 2007 on Modular.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player