Scion's Fourth National Art Tour
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The fourth installment of Scion's National Art Tour is already underway, moving pieces from artists based all over the world to cities across the US.
This year, Andrew Pommier, Andy Mueller, Cody Hudson, Dalek, Sam Flores, Kelsey Brookes, Mike Giant, and plenty others will tackle the installation's theme, "It's a Beautiful World," through painting, photography, sculpture, and collage–with intriguing results. Interpretations range in subject matter from beat-up cars to birdhouses.
The exhibition series–which began in 2003 as a means of showing Scion's commitment to independent art–will stop in nine cities this year, beginning with Boston. The Miami installment coincides with the city's Art Basel show (North America's largest art event), and the Los Angeles edition will take place at the new Scion Installation L.A. space, where all artwork will be auctioned off and proceeds given to charity.
Boston, MA: August 3 - 18, 2007
New York, NY: September 7 - 27, 2007
Seattle, WA: October 12 - 28, 2007
Denver, CO: November 2 - 30, 2007
Miami, FL: December 7, 2007
Austin, TX: January 17 - February 15, 2008
Philadelphia, PA: March 7 - 21, 2008
Los Angeles, CA, Date TBA
Dalek's interpretation of a beautiful world.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player