Seattle's Decibel Festival Showcases Announced
- Words: Fred Miketa
Seattle's 4th annual Decibel Festival has already announced its line-up, and for the 2007 edition, and festival goers should be well-surprised and pleased by this, the most in-depth artist roster in Decibel's history. This year features a taste of the old and the new, with both prominent and under-the-radar artists.
As always, there will be engaging visual showcases and after parties for days, and in honor of the event, XLR8R is highlighting a few performances not to be missed.
Decibel takes place September 20-23, 2007, across several venues in Seattle.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Death of the Party Showcase
Music By: Diplo, Switch, Simian Mobile Disco, and others.
It's expected that any party featuring Diplo, Switch, and SMD under one roof is going to go off, but when said party is the kickoff event for three days of festival mayhem, it's advised you stay up all night.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Rage and the Machine
Music By: Motor, Guns 'N' Bombs, Killmemorycrash, and others.
Not only is this night one of the few stops on London-based band Motor's tour, but it's also a listening party for Modeselektor's Happy Birthday! release. Get out your black leather gloves and earplugs.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Ambient landscapes: Past, Present, and Future
Music By: Robin Guthrie & Harold Budd, Biosphere, Rafael Irisarri, and others.
These legendary Brian Eno and Cocteau Twins collaborators gear up for a long-overdue live performance. Prepare to be engulfed by piano scores, cinematic guitarlines, and lots of serene visuals equal.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Music By: Wolfgang Flur (Kraftwerk), Chris De Luca vs. Phon.o, Claude VonStroke, Italoboys, and others.
Breakbeat, electro, and minimal techno butt heads for this massively dynamic Decibel closeout show!
Guns 'N' Bombs will play the Rage and the Machine party on Friday night.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player