Superpitcher and Michael Mayer Save the World
- Words: Fred Miketa
Kompakt Records’ founder Michael Mayer has proven that his musical palate exceeds the melodic techno his label has churned out for nearly a decade. Last year’s Immer 2 mix showcased Mayer’s lust for disco-oriented dance tracks, and now, the forthcoming conceptual album with Kompakt veteran Superpitcher displays Mayer’s foray into indie-pop.
Supermayer Save the World is far from the electronic, minimalist history of both producers. Featuring funky guitar stabs, cowbells, and pop vocals, on top of classic, deep techno kicks and ambient cascades, album is more of a spacey soundtrack than a typical dancefloor-friendly collection of tracks. The duo also enlisted super-designer Kat Menschik to illustrate the album and provide visuals for the boys’ live sets. The compositional superheroes are here to save the day, one surprising track at a time.
Supermayer Save the World is out September 17, 2007 on Kompakt.
2. The Art Of Letting Go
4. Superbrain Transmission
5. Us And Them
6. For Luzie
7. The Lonesome King
8. Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying
9. Please Sunshine
10. Planet Of The Sick
11. Psychoprogs Attack!
12. Two Of Us
13. Cocktails For Two
Superpitcher and Michael Mayer.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player