Biosphere, Blixa Bargeld Explore Language, Sound, Cinema
- Words: Fred Miketa
San Francisco’s Recombinant Media Labs, run by Ashodel boss Naut Humon, is unleashing its newest (and possibly rarest) set of live engagements to date. The Language, Sound, and Cinema Series will draw international talent to demonstrate real-time sound and art installations in Recombinant’s state-of-the-art facility.
The first installment of the series will see Norway-based artist Biosphere (a.k.a. Geir Jenssen) making his first West Coast appearance. While the Norseman is also taking this ambient showcase to Seattle’s Decibel Festival, show attendees at the Bay Area performance will have a rare chance to see him exhibit the work he does with acclaimed visual artist Egbert Mittelstädt (known for his psychedelic patterned “Slit-Scan” method). Taking place Saturday, September 15, this all-encompassing program is not to be missed.
Following Biosphere’s performance, Einstürzende Neubauten contributor Blixa Bargeld is making a highly anticipated S.F. appearance. Performing alongside artist Alva Noto, Bargeld will give experimental fans a taste of his new solo work, which should also hint at Neubauten’s forthcoming Alles Wieder Offen (Potomak) release.
For advance tickets go to Asphodel.
The Language, Sound, and Cinema Series
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Performances By Biosphere and Egbert Mittelstädt
8 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Suggested Donation $16
Friday, September 28, 2007
Performances By Blixa Bargeld and Alva Noto
8 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Suggested Donation $20
Biosphere and Blixa Bargeld are the highlight performances of the series.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player