Claude VonStroke's Mothership Imprint Lands
- Words: Fred Miketa
dirtyBird’s Claude VonStroke must be sipping the hyphy juice these days, because the minimal techno mastermind has been putting in serious work that includes residencies from Ibiza to New York, as well as pumping out remixes for the likes of The Rapture and Jeff Samuel. The hardest working man in techno has also just launched his Mothership imprint.
The label’s first single, the Italoboyz’ “Viktor Casanova,” has already sold over 5,000 vinyl copies and been embraced by everyone from Villalobos to Jesse Rose. Another recent release is the sophomore single “Paranoid,” from XLR8R’s own “Bubble Metropolis” columnist Monty Luke. To celebrate these accomplishments and more, VonStroke and company are holding parties in San Francisco, San Diego, and Seattle. Get set for a year of dirty techno from San Francisco’s finest.
Italoboyz’ “Viktor Casanova” and Monty Luke and Tasho’s “Paranoid” are available now from Mothership.
Claude VonStroke with Italoboyz Tour Dates
09/20 San Francisco, CA: The End Up
09/22 San Diego, CA: Sin
09/23 Seattle, WA: Decibel Festival
The Italoboyz released Mothership's first single.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player