Techno and Dubstep's Best Artists Remix Pole
- Words: Tomas Palermo
Germany-based minimal dub electronic artist Stefan Betke, who records as Pole, will release a remix collection in November featuring new versions of tracks from his March '07 album Steingarten (~scape). Four limited-edition colored-vinyl 12" singles, featuring some of the world's most unique techno, electronic, and dubstep producers, will precede the CD version of Pole: Steingarten Remixes.
The first clear-vinyl single features remixes by Berlin-based producer and Perlon label head-honcho Dimbiman, along with one of his artists, Melchior Productions. Both are known for their deep and soulful minimal techno and house productions. Outstanding Detroit DJ and engineer Mike Huckaby offers a third remix, which ~scape spokesperson Barbara Presinger describes as "a massive dub techno rework.
Remix single Number Two is orange vinyl and features Canadian artists The Mole and Frivolous. Montreal's The Mole is known for his dynamic live appearances at the Mutek festival and his singles on Wagon Repair and Revolver. Frivolous released his highly acclaimed debut album on ~scape in February '07. His diverse approach to electronic music, which includes string arrangements and swinging jazz motifs, informs his take on Pole's "Achterbahn."
October and November will see two more singles. The third installment features Skull Disco, dubstep producer Shackleton, and Punch Drunk artist Peverelist. Canadian global-dub explorers Deadbeat and Ghislain Porier, as well as Monika Enterprise founder Gudrun Gut, re-imagine Pole's music on the remix series' fourth edition.
Pole Remixes 1 (Out September 21)
A1. "Pferd" Melchior Productions' Zodiac Mix (7:37)
B1. "Achterbahn" Dimbiman Remix
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player