The Beast Within: Art By Pushead, Shepard Fairey, Mars-1
- Words: Fred Miketa
From underground art aficionado to corporate creative consultant, Jamie O’Shea has also earned his wings as a curator, acting as editor of art mag Juxtapoz and helping rebrand legendary names like The Beatles and ZZ Top (whose merch he recently had Pushead design). Now, O’Shea is stepping up his game by curating The Beast Within, a Halloween art exhibition featuring the spookiest work from over 60 artists including Shepard Fairey, Mars-1, Doze Green, Phil Frost, and more.
Set to open at New York’s Showroom Gallery on October 31, this special group exhibition draws from all corners of the underground art sphere, from post-graffiti caricature to psychedelic graphic design to fine art. Prior to opening to the general public, The Beast Within will be unveiled as an exclusive, invite-only showcase on October 30 and will be hosted by the skateboard-toting MC Lupe Fiasco. The East Village may never seem as haunted as it will that night.
For more details, check out O’Shea’s Supertouch blog.
October 31, 2007
The Beast Within
The Showroom NYC, 117 Second Avenue, N.Y.
7 – 11 p.m.
Jay Rayon (Hysteric Glamour)
Andy Cruz/House Industries
REAS (Todd James)
Friends With You
Mark Dean Veca
Slick, Nathan Jurevicius
Nate Van Dyke
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player