The Beast Within: Art By Pushead, Shepard Fairey, Mars-1
- Words: Fred Miketa
From underground art aficionado to corporate creative consultant, Jamie O’Shea has also earned his wings as a curator, acting as editor of art mag Juxtapoz and helping rebrand legendary names like The Beatles and ZZ Top (whose merch he recently had Pushead design). Now, O’Shea is stepping up his game by curating The Beast Within, a Halloween art exhibition featuring the spookiest work from over 60 artists including Shepard Fairey, Mars-1, Doze Green, Phil Frost, and more.
Set to open at New York’s Showroom Gallery on October 31, this special group exhibition draws from all corners of the underground art sphere, from post-graffiti caricature to psychedelic graphic design to fine art. Prior to opening to the general public, The Beast Within will be unveiled as an exclusive, invite-only showcase on October 30 and will be hosted by the skateboard-toting MC Lupe Fiasco. The East Village may never seem as haunted as it will that night.
For more details, check out O’Shea’s Supertouch blog.
October 31, 2007
The Beast Within
The Showroom NYC, 117 Second Avenue, N.Y.
7 – 11 p.m.
Jay Rayon (Hysteric Glamour)
Andy Cruz/House Industries
REAS (Todd James)
Friends With You
Mark Dean Veca
Slick, Nathan Jurevicius
Nate Van Dyke
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player