Dirt Crew Gets Raw and Remixed
- Words: Fred Miketa
The recently released Raw marked Dirt Crew’s first full-length artist album, and not so surprisingly, this Mood Music-friendly duo showered the dance world with its trademark dark house beats. But the album isn’t the end of James Flavour and Break 3000’s 2007 releases, as indicated by their accompanying EP, the aptly titled, Raw Remixes.
Bound for stores on November 12, the three-track single features High Grade Records founder Tom Clark, Frankfurt-based duo Motorcitysoul (Cocoon, Freerange), and a collaborative track with Patrice Bäumel (Trapez) and Nuno Dos Santos (Compost Black). Clark chimes in with a dubby 4 a.m. interpretation of “How Does It Feel,” while Motorcitysoul and Patrice Bäumel and Nuno Dos Santos turn out peak-time tech-house versions of “Manoeuvres” and “Get Raw.”
A1. Manoeuvres (Motorcitysoul Remix)
B1. Get Raw (Bäumel & Dos Santos Threesixty Remix)
B2. How Does It Feel (Tom Clark Remix)
Image of Dirt Crew by Donnie Bauer.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player