Dirt Crew Gets Raw and Remixed
- Words: Fred Miketa
The recently released Raw marked Dirt Crew’s first full-length artist album, and not so surprisingly, this Mood Music-friendly duo showered the dance world with its trademark dark house beats. But the album isn’t the end of James Flavour and Break 3000’s 2007 releases, as indicated by their accompanying EP, the aptly titled, Raw Remixes.
Bound for stores on November 12, the three-track single features High Grade Records founder Tom Clark, Frankfurt-based duo Motorcitysoul (Cocoon, Freerange), and a collaborative track with Patrice Bäumel (Trapez) and Nuno Dos Santos (Compost Black). Clark chimes in with a dubby 4 a.m. interpretation of “How Does It Feel,” while Motorcitysoul and Patrice Bäumel and Nuno Dos Santos turn out peak-time tech-house versions of “Manoeuvres” and “Get Raw.”
A1. Manoeuvres (Motorcitysoul Remix)
B1. Get Raw (Bäumel & Dos Santos Threesixty Remix)
B2. How Does It Feel (Tom Clark Remix)
Image of Dirt Crew by Donnie Bauer.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player