JB Classics and Sneaker Pimps Team Up
- Words: Fred Miketa
Jason Bass’ San Francisco-based sneaker line JB Classics has teamed up with the kings of the shoe-enthusiast game, the touring sneaker show, Sneaker Pimps, for another exclusive collection of limited-edition kicks. As any kid with a monthly shoe budget can attest, this new collaboration is more of the ridiculously colorful retro-Jordan madness that will have small hip-hop shops and online sneaker nerds in full on slobber mode. The JB/SP Ver 2’s fall in line with other JB sneakers, complete with multi-colored soles, skate-style ankle, and ollie-foot padding, and they even come equipped with (who would have guessed?) a custom New Era fitted cap to match. Introduced October 12 at Sneaker Pimps’ “Worlds Largest Touring Sneaker Lifestyle Show,” at New York’s Roseland Ballroom (and featuring performances by Nas, EPMD, and Slick Rick, plus art installations from graff icons COPE, HAZE, and IRAK), the JB/SP Ver 2’s are apparently worthy of a ton of cash and serious celebration.
For more JB collections check out JB Classics.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player