Klaxons Bug Out!
- Words: Fred Miketa
Where do London’s Klaxons find their influences? The Chemical Brothers? Wu Tang Clan? Well, guess no more. For the band’s next release, bassist Jamie Reynolds has teamed up with New State Records to collect two discs of Klaxons’ favorite tracks. Bugged Out (a.k.a. Disc One) is comprised of varied club-friendly cuts and Bugged In (a.k.a. Disc Two) is filled with some of the outfit’s most cherished sources of inspiration. Featuring everyone from Luke Vibert and Pedro Campos to Liars and Roy Orbison, these 27 tracks may freak out even the most fluorescent-clad fans.
All this comes packaged with an unreleased remix of Klaxons’ “It’s Not Over Yet” by Brodinski, which features vocal samples from one Aleister Crowley (Ooooh, spooky). If listening to the trio’s favorite songs doesn’t seem that interesting, you may want to check Klaxons on yet another tour rampage, sharing the stage with the likes of Justice, Apes, and Simian Mobile Disco.
A Bugged Out Mix by Klaxons is out now on New State.
Bugged Out Tracklisting
1. Luke Vibert "Breakbeat Metal Music"
2. The L Bit "Tasty"
3. Pedro Campos "Butterfly"
4. Markus Lange & Daniel Dexter "Shooting Tigers (Play Paul Remix)"
5. Johannes Hell "Artology"
6. Overnoise "Dry"
7. Blende "Breaking Bones"
8. Friendly "Ride Baby Ride (Strip mix)"
9. Da Boogie Boys "Audiotonique"
10. The Chemical Brothers "It Doesn't Matter"
11. Justice "Stress"
12. Mogg & Naudascher "Moon Unit Part 1"
13. Klaxons "It's Not Over Yet (Brondski Remix)"
Bugged In Tracklisting
1. Zager & Evans "In the Year 2525"
2. Wu-Tang Clan "Shame on a Nigga"
3. Fad Gadget "King of the Flies"
4. Liars "They Don't Want Your Corn, They Want Your Kids"
5. United States of America "The Garden of Earthly Delights"
6. Josef K "Sorry for Laughing"
7. Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers "I'm Not a Juvenile Delinquent, ‘Rock, Rock, Rock'"
8. Todd Rundgren "Zen Archer"
9. Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons: "The Night"
10. Cluster "Caramel"
11. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti "For Kate I Wait"
12. Blur "Me, White Noise"
13. 90 Day Men "We Blame Chicago"
14. Roy Orbison "It's Over"
10/10 Toronto, ON: Opera House
10/12 New York, NY: Webster Hall
10/14 Mexico City, MX: Vive Guervo Salon
10/20 Melbourne, AU: The Forum
10/21 Adelaide, AU: HQ Complex
10/23 Perth, AU: Capitol
10/25 Sydney, AU: The Enmore Theatre
10/27 Brisbane, AU: Tivoli
11/09 Paris, FR: Zenith
11/10 Ghent, BE: I Love Techno Festival
11/11 Berlin, DE: Columbia Club
11/12 Hamburg, DE: Grunspan
11/15 Cologne, DE: Gloria
11/16 Amsterdam, NL: Paradiso
11/17 Zurich, CH: Rohstofflage
11/18 Munich, DE: Kleine Elserhalle
11/20 Rome, IT: Qube
11/21 Torino, IT: Hiroshima Mon Amour
11/22 Strasbourg, FR: La Laiterie
11/23 Lille, FR: Le Zenith
11/25 Dublin, UK: Ambassador
11/26 Manchester, UK: Apollo
11/27 Edinburgh, UK: Corn Exchange
11/28 Newcastle, UK: Academy
11/29 Bristol, UK: Clockwork (DJ set)
11/30 Southampton, UK: Guildhall
12/01 Leeds, UK: University
12/02 Cardiff, UK: University
12/04 Birmingham, UK: Academy
12/05 London, UK: Brixton Academy
12/06 London, UK: Brixton Academy
12/10 Tokyo, JP: O East
12/11 Tokyo, JP: O East
12/12 Osaka, JP: Club Quattro
12/13 Nagoya, JP: Club Quattro
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player