Dublab Turns 8, Goes Non-Profit
- Words: Fred Miketa
Los Angeles-based dublab (a.k.a. a rad music/art collective, radio broadcaster, and breeding ground for some of the city’s most exciting events) is celebrating its eighth anniversary in style. In addition to launching an expanded website, the collective has also announced that it's going non-profit, ensuring that it carries out its mission “to spread truly progressive music and art free-of-charge to open ears.” For those unfamiliar with Dublab, its radio broadcasts and podcasts have boasted studio sessions with the likes of Thomas Fehlmann, Deerhunter's Bradford Cox, Animal Collective, and Matthew Dear, in addition to resident DJs like Dntel, Daedelus, and Nobody.
As part of the process of going non-profit, dublab is also hosting a Future Roots to Infinity fundraiser until November 19. The Labrats will be broadcasting live throughout the campaign, along with a series of surprise special guests. All donors will receive complimentary download sessions, an exclusive mix, plus other dublab swag. And what good would an anniversary celebration be without a total rager? On November 7, the collective is throwing an Echo Expansion party at L.A.’s The Airliner, featuring dublab resident Dntel, Nobody’s psych-project Blank Blue, Gaslamp Killer, and more. Viva dublab!
November 7, 2007
dublab and Low End Theory Present
A celebration of dublab's 8th anniversary and the creative power of now.
Additional Music By
Miguel Atwood-Ferguson and Andres Renteria
The Airliner, 2419 N. Broadway, L.A.
10 p.m. - 2 a.m., $10 (Guests)/$5 (Low End Theory Members), 18+
Blank Blue Photo by Plastic Nancy
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player