Growing Signs to The Social Registry
- Words: Fred Miketa
It seems seems that the droney ambient realm has experienced a creative output boost of late, with exclusive live performances and records from the likes of Oren Ambarchi, Sunn 0))), The Burial Chamber Trio, and a heap of other non-Southern Lord-affiliated acts. Now New York's iconoclastic duo Growing is adding to the population boom with upcoming records for its new label home–The Social Registry. While not exactly a surprise signing–as the band did play The the imprint's 4th anniversary festival in August–it's officially game on.
Already with an extensive catalog filled with releases on labels like Kranky and Troubleman Unlimited under their belts, the kings of kaleidoscopic guitar work are prepping their newest 7” as part of The Social Registry's monthly “Social Club” singles series on December 4, followed by a mini-album entitled Lateral, set to drop January 22. Will these two new offerings deviate from the band's atmospheric and ethereal blueprint? If track names like “Swell,” “After Glow,” and “Horizon Drift” are any indication, I think not.
Photo of Growing by Noel Von Harmonson.
2. First Contact
4. After Glow
The Social Club Nº 8 Tracklisting
2. Horizon Drift
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player