IHEARTCOMIX Presents Remix Contests
- Words: Fred Miketa
Franki Chan’s IHEARTCOMIX label goes above and beyond its release expectations by announcing two new remix contests for Texas and New York’s respective electro-champions, Ocelot and HEARTSREVOLUTION. Both acts have already caused a stir in the music world, with Ocelot performing alongside the likes of DJ Mehdi and Boys Noize, and HEARTSREVOLUTION finding its tracks featured on a number of blogs worldwide.
For Ocelot’s remix contest, the duo is offering its heavily distorted “Lo Sforzo,” from the forthcoming 12” of the same name. The lucky winner will be featured on the gatefold vinyl release alongside LA Riots, Toxic Avenger, and more. The deadline is December 3, so get cracking.
For the HEARTSREVOLUTION contest, the track “C.Y.O.A” will be available for those bedroom producers hungry to have work released. The winner will be showcased on the band’s forthcoming single, which will also feature remixes by Brodinski, Lazaro Casanova, and more to be announced. The deadline is December 10.
For both contests, no outside artist samples may be used and there’s no corny label swag being served to the winner.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player