Ladytron Signs to Nettwerk, Preps New Album with Vicarious Bliss
- Words: Fred Miketa
For nearly ten years, Liverpool's Ladytron has made electro-pop with a dark twist, but it does come as a surprise that the quartet with a penchant for the gothier side of things now calls Nettwerk (the same label group responsible for Datarock and Felix da Housecat releases) its new home.
For its yet-to-be-titled forthcoming album (set for release in May 2008), the band has eschewed working with mega-producers like Jim Abbiss (DJ Shadow, Kasabian), and will instead collaborate with with Ed Banger’s in-house production phenomenon Vicarious Bliss. Ed Banger gets witchy? Yes.
In addition to joining the French electro-empire, Ladytron is also plotting an extensive US tour in support of what may be the band’s most anticipated release yet. While the four-piece has already hit the road with the likes of Nine Inch Nails and The Chemical Brothers, it looks like they may be exploring new live terrain this time around. Ladytron with Uffie? Who knows? Stay tuned for details.
Photo of Ladytron by Derrick Santini.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player