Ladytron Signs to Nettwerk, Preps New Album with Vicarious Bliss
- Words: Fred Miketa
For nearly ten years, Liverpool's Ladytron has made electro-pop with a dark twist, but it does come as a surprise that the quartet with a penchant for the gothier side of things now calls Nettwerk (the same label group responsible for Datarock and Felix da Housecat releases) its new home.
For its yet-to-be-titled forthcoming album (set for release in May 2008), the band has eschewed working with mega-producers like Jim Abbiss (DJ Shadow, Kasabian), and will instead collaborate with with Ed Banger’s in-house production phenomenon Vicarious Bliss. Ed Banger gets witchy? Yes.
In addition to joining the French electro-empire, Ladytron is also plotting an extensive US tour in support of what may be the band’s most anticipated release yet. While the four-piece has already hit the road with the likes of Nine Inch Nails and The Chemical Brothers, it looks like they may be exploring new live terrain this time around. Ladytron with Uffie? Who knows? Stay tuned for details.
Photo of Ladytron by Derrick Santini.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player