New York's Dancetracks Closes Its Doors
A sad day for that antiquated concept known as the record store. New York's Dancetracks–the Lower East Side record retailer that has been something of a legend in the dance music scene–will close its doors for good on Friday, November 30. That's tomorrow, folks.
As if you needed to guess the cause of this. Technology begot changes in the music industry, which begot Dancetracks opening a digital store, which will fortunately remain intact and likely grow in days to come.
From the Dancetracks website:
"With the closing of the store, we are entirely committed to the continued development of Dancetracks Digital and are very excited for what lies ahead. These are changing times within the music industry, and just as the shop was central to the early growth of the scene, Dancetracks Digital will continue to evolve and push the music forward."
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player