New York's Dancetracks Closes Its Doors
A sad day for that antiquated concept known as the record store. New York's Dancetracks–the Lower East Side record retailer that has been something of a legend in the dance music scene–will close its doors for good on Friday, November 30. That's tomorrow, folks.
As if you needed to guess the cause of this. Technology begot changes in the music industry, which begot Dancetracks opening a digital store, which will fortunately remain intact and likely grow in days to come.
From the Dancetracks website:
"With the closing of the store, we are entirely committed to the continued development of Dancetracks Digital and are very excited for what lies ahead. These are changing times within the music industry, and just as the shop was central to the early growth of the scene, Dancetracks Digital will continue to evolve and push the music forward."
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player