The Presets Prep New Single
- Words: Fred Miketa
It’s been a while since Australia-based duo The Presets released a new album (over two years in fact!), but with a short Australian tour with Daft Punk and member Kim Moyes releasing his “Wet N Wild” EP under the K.I.M. moniker, it looks like the duo is back in business. Further proof: the forthcoming single “My People.” Available to stream via the band’s MySpace page, the new track lives up to the Preset's self-proclaimed “Industrial/Psychedelic/Techno” categorization, with brutal synth lines, KMFDM-esque breaks, and well, super poppy vocals.
Even given the band’s electro past–as indicated on 2005’s Beams–and its affiliation with blog posterboys Digitalism, Riot In Belgium, and the like, “My People” is far heavier than anything done by these peers. Released through Modular on December 18, this long-awaited 12” may bring back black clothes into the club. Check the Modular site for pre-order dates and, who knows, maybe even a new full-length?
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player