Scion Launches Film Series
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Not content to merely sell cars, release remix compilations, and curate art exhibits, Scion now turns to the movies, and is ready to fly the flag of indie filmmakers nationwide with its Easy 10 Film Series.
The series' concept is as straightforward as its name: Scion gathered 10 budding filmmakers who created shorts (about 15-20 minutes each) that will be screened together on November 8 in Los Angeles. Sounds a lot like sitting through your university's annual Film Department showcase evening, only this event will be held at the swank, multi-room hotspot Social Hollywood, and will offer better snacks, and, presumably, better films.
Speaking of the films,subject matter and styles are varied, ranging from abstract clips to stories of Brooklyn rappers to documentaries on pigeon keepers. Each filmmaker was chosen based on his/her film's originality, so suffice to say, you won't be bored that night. And did we mention the snacks?
For those who can't make the 8th, the films will also join Scion's Route Film Series, which will hit Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, New York, Seattle, and Los Angeles throughout December.
Easy 10 Film Series Event Details
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Social Hollywood, 6525 Sunset Boulevard, L.A.
8.30 p.m. - 12.00 a.m., RSVP, 21+
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player