Simian Mobile Disco Preps New Single
- Words: Fred Miketa
London-based Simian Mobile Disco has had a stellar 2007, with the release of the much-praised Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release and a set of unforgettable live shows to accompany the album. How is the dynamic duo going to cap off the year? By re-releasing “Hustler” as a commercial single, that’s how.
Yes, the track is as played out as Justice’s “D.A.N.C.E”, but that’s where the remixes come in. Set for release December 4, via Interscope , the vinyl and CD singles will feature reinterpretations by Fool’s Gold producer/DJ A-Trak, Armand Van Helden, and Dubsided’s Jesse Rose, plus SMD’s very own extended club mix.
In addition to the new 12", Simian Mobile Disco will also be hosting a contest via their MySpace page, for an iPod loaded with a series of tracks specifically selected by the duo.
What do they have in store for 2008? We’ll keep you posted.
CD 1. Hustler (UK Version)
2. Hustler (Armand Van Helden Remix)
3. Hustler (A-Trak Remix)
4. Hustler (Extended Club Mix)
5. Hustler (Jesse Rose Remix)
1. Hustler (Armand Van Helden Remix)
2. Hustler (A-Trak Remix)
1. Hustler (Extended Club Mix)
2. Hustler (Jesse Rose Remix)
- NewsWatch Mr. Oizo's Intense New Video, Directed by Eric Wareheim and Featuring the Glorious Return of Flat Eric
- NewsFour Tet, John Talabot, Jamie xx, and Koreless Soundtrack Short Film; Watch It Now
- FeatureHi-Five: Graze Shares the "Bittersweet Electronics" That Helped Shape the Duo's Sound
- GearAsk the Experts: Mr. Oizo
XLR8R Downloads Player