Trentemøller Creates Designer Line
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Dropping a double-CD ain't enough these days for artists. Either they must follow-up with a "deluxe" edition of the album that includes pointless remixes and boring video footage, or find other artistic mediums in which to prove their worth. If you're Danish tech-house producer Anders Trentemøller, that means turning to fashion. An announcement from Poker Flat Recordings confirms that the Trentemøller Designer Collection is now available for purchase, through online retailer Conzoom.
Based on the artwork for Trentemøller's recent Audiomatique release, The Trentemøller Chronicles, the line features Anna Rosa Hiort-Lorenzen's designs on a selection of t-shirts, dresses, and other apparel for both men and women. Of course, the best news is that his foray into the world of design is actually quite successful. How many friends do you know who sport a Trentemøller scarf or hooded t-shirt featuring designs as sleek and minimal as the man's music? Ellen Allien's got some competition.
The great Dane will also be headed to Australia shortly, for a selection of live appearances that follow some Europe dates.
The Trentemøller Chronicles is out now.
11/08 London, UK: The Forum
11/09 Aarhus, DEN: Voxhall*
11/10 Gent, BEL: I Love Techno
11/22 Tessaloniki, GRE, TBA
11/23 Athens, GRE: Fuzz Club
11/24 Eindhoven, NET: STRP Festvial
11/29 Brisbane, AUS: The Met
11/30 Sydney, AUS: Gaelic Club
12/01 Melbourne, AUS: Stereosonic! 2007 (daytime show)
12/01 Sydney, AUS: Ministry of Sound Annual Festival (nighttime show)
12/02 Perth, AUS: Ministry of Sound Annual Festival (daytime show)
12/05 Melbourne, AUS: Prince Bandroom
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player