Bot'Ox Preps New Single for Death From Abroad
Cosmo Vitelli and Julien Briffaz just dropped a new single in our laps, further proving that when two highly-ranked Parisian producers join forces, only good can come of it. "Babylon By Car/Tragedy Symphony," made under the duo's Bot'Ox moniker, marks the fourth release for DFA-offshoot label Death From Abroad, and it's a fine example of how dance music can still be compelling, with layers of live guitars, bass, and drums are slathered over dark disco beats and a zillion tempo changes.
According to the group's MySpace page, one Mark Kerr was recently added to the outfit to do vocals. Hopefully he'll lend his skills to the forthcoming full-length we've heard rumor of...
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player