Test Press Thursdays Reloads for New Year
- Words: Tomas Palermo
San Francisco digital music academy Pyramind will again host its electronic music producers forum, Test Press Thursdays. Now in its third year, the event invites amateur and bedroom producers to debut new tracks and have them evaluated before a panel of industry experts.
The song review panels will resume their quarterly schedule again in 2008, starting January 17 and continuing throughout the year on April 17, July 17, and October 16. These will all take place at Pyramind’s new facilities at 832 Folsom St.
Test Press was started in 2005 by the electronic and dance music committee of the San Francisco Chapter of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS). Pyramind’s Greg Gordon and friends launched it as a means to empower producers and share expert tips.
Test Press’ entrants span many genres, from drum & bass to minimal techno, funky house, and electronic pop. Each producer is given feedback on his or her song’s strengths or needed improvements. Technology sponsors such as Ableton and M-Audio also present and showcase new gear at the events.
On October 13, Pyramind Institute for Advanced Digital Audio training opened its new campus and launched Epiphyte Records, which debuted the audio/DVD Test Press SF, featuring tracks by previous Test Press Thursday winners. Pyramind offers certificates in Digifesign Pro Tools, Apple Logic, Waves, Reason, and many other digital music programs.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player