Waxploitation Hosts Fourth Darfur Charity Auction
If you aren't aware of Waxploitation's continued involvement in helping spread awareness about the crisis in Darfur by now, you must be living several feet beneath a heavy rock. Since 2004, the label has held auctions and curated compilations to benefit non-profit organizations sending aid to those affected by the crisis.
The label announced today that it will launch its fourth Darfur Benefit Auction, featuring autographed items by Gnarls Barkley, TV on the Radio, Aesop Rock, Thievery Corporation, Bloc Party, and many more. Other folks, like Adult Swim, Nintendo, Adidas, and a couple cell phone providers have also provided items for the auction, which begins December 6 (tomorrow, folks!). All proceeds will be split between three selected non-profit organizations.
And who says you shouldn't have a little music to enjoy while you're doing good? Waxploitation has seen to that, with the recently released Causes 1 compilation, which features exclusive and rare tracks from Animal Collective, Cornelius, Teargas & Plateglass, and more. Order it here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player