Waxploitation Hosts Fourth Darfur Charity Auction
If you aren't aware of Waxploitation's continued involvement in helping spread awareness about the crisis in Darfur by now, you must be living several feet beneath a heavy rock. Since 2004, the label has held auctions and curated compilations to benefit non-profit organizations sending aid to those affected by the crisis.
The label announced today that it will launch its fourth Darfur Benefit Auction, featuring autographed items by Gnarls Barkley, TV on the Radio, Aesop Rock, Thievery Corporation, Bloc Party, and many more. Other folks, like Adult Swim, Nintendo, Adidas, and a couple cell phone providers have also provided items for the auction, which begins December 6 (tomorrow, folks!). All proceeds will be split between three selected non-profit organizations.
And who says you shouldn't have a little music to enjoy while you're doing good? Waxploitation has seen to that, with the recently released Causes 1 compilation, which features exclusive and rare tracks from Animal Collective, Cornelius, Teargas & Plateglass, and more. Order it here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player