One of the more high-profile European electronic festivals, Poland's Unsound Festival will premiere a New York edition in February. Though the Kraków edition begins tomorrow, it is worth looking forward to the New York installment: it will mark the US debut of the Moritz von Oswald Trio, as well as bring a host of other European and North American artists into the fold. Read more »
The boys of Lazer Sword are bringing that grime-ridden electro-bass noise to Europe in the next few weeks, with nights at some of the best clubs on the continent. Along with playing some wild sets with the likes of Rustie and The Gaslamp Killer, the duo also has a new 12" out on Innovative Leisure. Tour dates and flyer after the jump. Read more »
The ever-shifting quintet of Do Make Say Think is about to unleash a sixth studio album on the world, and with its four long-playing tracks, Other Truths is a return to the group's roots. The Toronto-based group has been crafting orchestral, lush avant-pop and post-rock for more than 12 years, all the while maintaining a touring schedule that would make other bands balk at the crew's longevity. On the new record, tracks featuring vocal help from Lullabye Arkestra and indie favorites Akron/Family are stand-outs, and with extensive European and North American tours on the heels of the record's release, DMST is poised to give its fans a new treat of its eclectic sound palette. Read more »
The off-kilter electronic pop of Circlesquare is blowing up right now, and so !K7 is allowing fans and producers the opportunity to remix "Hey You Guys," the opening track off of Songs About Dancing and Drugs. With Matias Aguayo and The Juan MacLean already giving the track a heavy rubdown, the crafter of the best remix will be in very good company once the remixes EP is released. Read more »
Panorama Bar resident and producer Cassy has long been known to straddle the lines between minimal techno and rich, soulful house music, and on her latest mix, she continues to blend the more reductionist with the more lush. Simply Devotion not only features some of Cassy's own productions, but also includes everything from classic remixes of Baby Ford to the contemporary dub-techno sounds of STL. Deeply felt and incredibly slamming, the 70-minute-plus mix is sure to please the dancers and the wallflowers alike.
Read more »
Legendary London nightclub Fabric opened its doors for the first time on October 21, 1999, so to celebrate 10 years at the top of the London nightlife scene, the club is hosting a weekend-long bash that features some of the biggest names in electronic music. Friday sees Rusko, Craze, and more FabricLive stars bringing their unique DJing styles to three rooms. Read more »
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player