The Toronto-based, ghettotech-friendly electro duo Thunderheist is set to take North America's western coast by storm. The outfit has been heralded as a "booty-electro party-rap machine of frightening efficiency," and one can bet that Heist's MC Ills and Grahm Zilla aim to prove such statements each time they take the stage this November. Read more »
As summer slowly comes to its end, 2-steppin' London DJ extraordinaire Oneman looks toward the crisp and colorful coming months with his latest mix, Fall for Autumn. The opening saxophone solo may lament for summers past, but the rest of the mix, which features tracks from the likes of Skream, Zomby, and D1, is chilly enough to be the perfect soundtrack for those rainy fall days spent inside. Download Oneman's mix for free here. Read more »
After wishing us a joyful Geburtstag and giving their mothers a shout out, Berlin-based production juggernauts Modeselektor will be putting more moves on us with their forthcoming DJ mix for the Body Language series to be released this October on Get Physical. Later that month, the next-level techno team will bring its "riotous, bass-heavy affair" back to North American clubs for a tour that seems all too brief. Read more »
UK producer/DJ/disco-and-house enthusiast Jamie Jones has just announced a few select North American tour dates to coincide with the recent release of Don't You Remember the Future. Check him out while you can, and watch his vid for "Galactic Space Bar" here. Read more »
Our friends at FACT have just shared the scoop on some sketchy details from the new Wiley album, entitled The Elusive. Turns out that if their sleuthing is correct (basically the 24-song tracklist was culled from a screen grab from Wiley's iTunes), guests such as Chipmunk, P Money, and The Streets will be turning up on the record. Read more »
The recently-relocated-to-Cincinnati band Why? has announced that they've taken on a new manager, Blake Maxwell, after singer Yoni Wolf did some extensive Craigslist searching for a new man to take the reins and bring the band to the next level. Below they've posted a clip of their preliminary meetings with Maxwell. Why? is set to release Eskimo Snow next Tuesday on Anticon, and the band's upcoming tour dates follow.
Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- MP3Rhythm Operator "Mind Wave"
- NewsStream Massimiliano Pagliara's New LP for Live at Robert Johnson
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player