A producer's laptop being stolen is essentially the equivalent to a band losing every single one of its instruments, and unfortunately, such a thing occurred last night in Denver to edIT. The L.A.-based producer played a show with his Glitch Mob crew, after which someone snagged the computer and disappeared.
Read more »
Bradford Cox will take a break from his work with Atlas Sound to join his Deerhunter crew again for a set of tour dates, the bulk of which are supporting, uh, Nine Inch Nails. Past tours have included such antics as performing onstage smeared in fake blood and Cox donning a sundress, so expect nothing less than intensity and eccentricity at these shows.
Meanwhile, a yet-to-be titled follow-up to Cryptograms is slated for release later this year. The album is said to be in production right now.
Read more »
Brooklyn-based conscious reggae artist Rob Symeonn’s distinctly pitched voice is both fragile and deliberate, which allows his clean-living roots and culture lyrics to sound inspirational rather than bossy. Songs like “King Tafari,” “Good Over Evil,” and “Empress,” on the 2006 album Chosen One (Redbud), showcased his range and consistency, as did this year’s uniquely cognizant “Pork Eater” on dubmaster Tiklah’s full length for Easy Star. Read more »
Producer, inventor, and lover of conceptual music and Victorian attire, Daedelus has once again emerged from the studio with a playful, genre-defying album. Love To Make Music To, set for release on July 15, marks his first full collaboration with Ninja Tune, though he's had several albums and singles on the label in the past (not to mention ones on Mush, Alpha Pup, Plug Research, Hefty, and a bunch of other imprints).
Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player