Itinerant traveler, sound recordist, and ex-Cabaret Voltaire provocateur Chris Watson stops in to San Francisco for a rare presentation of three pieces–“Storm” (composed with BJ Nilsen), “Midnight at the Oasis,” and “Tortuga Bay”–at the end of November. Renowned for not only his musical experimentation, the U.K.-based Watson also regularly creates field recordings for film projects and BBC-produced natural-history documentaries. Read more »
Screw Miami. This year I'm saving my money (and brain cells) and crossing the Atlantic for Barcelona's Sonar Festival, which will be celebrating its eleventh installment this summer.
Perhaps it's unfair to compare the two. The former is a bunch of haphazardly put together parties, the other is a set of carefully curated electronic music and multimedia showcases which, in 2007, hosted everyone from Justice to Devo, along with master classes from the Red Bull Music Academy and an unlikely appearance by the Beastie Boys.
Read more »
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player