Immortal Technique Releases Final Album in Revolutionary Series
- Words: Wyatt Williams
Immortal Technique, the Harlem-raised rapper better known to his parents as Felipe Coronel, will release The Third World, the final installment of the Revolutionary series that launched his career, on June 24 via Viper Records.
Since the release of Revolutionary Vol. 2 in 2003, Technique has kept busy with tours, including a three-year stint on the Rock the Bells tour. Vol. 2 was a record of scathing political dissent that even included a few words from the controversial activist and journalist Mumia Abu Jamal. You can count on another collision of global politics and New York hip-hop on The Third World, a collaborative album with DJ Green Lantern, who mixed all the tracks and even produced a few, along with Southpaw, Buckwild, and Scram Jones.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player