Matmos, The Field, Ewan Pearson Added to Sonar Lineup
Another slew of artists will join the likes of Boys Noize, Flying Lotus, and Neon Neon for Barcelona's 2008 Sonar Festival, whose initial lineup was announced at the end of February and is blessedly free of the Beastie Boys this year.
Matmos, The Field, Ewan Pearson, Rob Da Bank, and Shape of Broad Minds are among the new additions to the bill. Better yet, Richie Hawtin and his Minus gang, who are thick into 10-year anniversary celebrations right now, have announced a label showcase featuring Marc Houle, Magda, Troy Pierce, and Hawtin himself.
The festival will take place June 19, 20, and 21 in various locations around Barcelona. Tickets are on sale now.
Rob Da Bank
Christopher D Ashley
Shape Of Broad Minds
First Aid Kit
Nisei vs Za
Photo of The Field by Victor Tarré.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player