Dublab Launches "Hands On" Proton Drive
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Los Angeles-based web radio collective-turned non-profit organization dublab launched its "Hands On" Proton Drive this week, and until May 21, the infamous Labrats (frosty, Jimmy Tamborello, Nobody, Daedelus, The Gaslamp Killer, Carlos Nino, and a ton of other artists) will be broadcasting live, working hard to collect some extra funds. Proceeds will go towards rent, design, streaming and web hosting fees, maintenance, event production, and other costs essential to the dublab mission statement of bringing the positive vibes via music to your desktop.
In addition to the aforementioned Labrats, several special guests will appear on the airwaves during this time. Thus far, those include ambient outfit Nudge, illustration team Kozyndan, Lucky Dragons, comedian Neil Hamburger, Devendra Banhart, The Long Lost (Daedelus & Laura Darling), Nobody's Blank Blue project, and more to be confirmed.
Donations are tax-deductable. Head over to the proton drive site to find out more about donations and some of the cool dublab items you will receive for contributing.
Proton Drive Live Broadcast Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
May 20 10 a.m. - May 21 10 a.m.: 24 hr "No Sleep" Session
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player