Loading... Tecmo Bowl Returns, Bourne Conspiracy on Xbox
- Words: Ryan Rayhill
Tecmo Bowl Returns!
Any way you slice it, Tecmo Bowl, released for the NES in 1989, was and still is one of the best football games ever to grace a home console. And this week, old-school digital gridiron heads were rewarded for 19 years of patience, as Tecmo announced that Tecmo Bowl will be returning this fall to the Nintendo DS in the form of Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff.
The 2D Kickoff doesn’t have a specific release date yet, but will feature 32 customizable teams, stylus control, wireless multiplayer, and a soundtrack of "rock 'n' roll remixes of the most memorable tunes in football gaming history." Whatever the hell that means.
Unfortunately, the game legally cannot include any NFL teams or players, past or present, due to EA’s stranglehold on all things pigskin-related.
Rock Band Expansion Packs Coming For PS2 and Wii
Due to the lack of downloadable content for musical mega-hit Rock Band on both hard-drive deficient systems, the PlayStation 2 (out now) and Wii (June 22), EA and Harmonix will release 20 of the game's most popular songs on a separate disc as the Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 1 for $29.99.
The setlist, all master tracks, will be as follows:
30 Seconds to Mars "The Kill"
All American Rejects "Move Along"
Blink 182 "All the Small Things"
Boston "More Than a Feeling"
David Bowie "Moonage Daydream"
Faith No More "We Care A Lot"
Grateful Dead "Truckin'"
The Hives "Die, All Right!"
KISS "Calling Dr. Love"
Lynyrd Skynyrd "Gimme' Three Steps"
Nine Inch Nails "March of the Pigs"
Oasis "Live Forever"
The Police "Synchronicity II"
Queens of the Stone Age "Little Sister"
Ramones "Teenage Lobotomy"
Smashing Pumpkins "Siva"
Stone Temple Pilots "Interstate Love Song"
Weezer "Buddy Holly"
Wolfmother "Joker & the Thief"
Bourne Conspiracy Demo on Xbox Live
A demo for the upcoming Sierra title, The Bourne Conspiracy, has just become available for download on Xbox Live, and for better or worse, there is not a Matt Damon to be seen.
Conspiracy furthers the story of assassin Jason Bourne and, despite being Damon-less, closely follows the vibe of the movies and shows off several aspects of the the single-player game, including hand-to-hand combat and gunplay.
The Bourne Conspiracy will be available June 3 for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player