Kode 9 Announces Summer Tour Dates
- Words: Tomas Palermo
Scottish-born Londoner Steve Goodman is a writer, PhD candidate, and musical exporter of the Hyperdub virus. As Kode 9, he has released intricate and bass-driven dubstep singles for labels like Tempa, Soul Jazz, Ghostly, and Voltage and introduced cutting-edge dubstep/grime acts like Burial, Ikonka, Zomby, SpaceApe, and Daddy Gee to the world via his Hyperdub imprint. His 2002 “Fat Larry’s Skank” is considered a pioneering single for the genre and his ’06 album, Memories of the Future, showcased his gritty, minimal South London bass sounds and appeared on many critics’ best album lists.
Americans will get a chance to catch the Hyperdub virus when Kode 9 infects North America while on tour this July.
As a preview for what you’ll see and hear, watch Kode 9 and SpaceApe’s new video, “Time Patrol,” which provides a chilling, Orwellian future vision where wasted moments are credited and debited to our lives by a sinister band of chain-smoking timekeepers. Creepy!
07/01 New York, NY: W.F.C. Winter Garden
07/03 Detroit, MI: Eagle Theatre
07/05 Chicago, IL: Sonotheque
07/07 Vancouver, BC: Richards on Richards
07/08 Seattle, WA: Chop Suey
07/09 Portland, OR: Rotture
07/10 San Francisco, CA: Mezzanine
07/11 Los Angeles, CA: The Roxy
07/18 New York, NY: Love
Photo by Georgina Cook.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player