Lindstrøm Announces Debut Album
Since he's one of the undisputed kings of Norwegian disco and instrumental in placing that particular scene firmly on the musical map, Lindstrøm has a lot of leverage to do as he pleases on his various musical projects.
Such is the case on his forthcoming debut album, Where You Go I Go Too, which opens with a 29-minute-long track and contains just two others, both over 10 minutes. "I wanted it to sound a bit dramatic and like a long travel," the producer says. "All the tracks are between 10 and 30 minutes long, which might be a challenge for some people to listen to from beginning to end. It's perfect for a long walk with headphones or when traveling by train or airplane."
Where You Go follows 2006's It's a Feedelity Affair, which was an album comprised of previously released singles. The new one is said to be a more melodic disco affair, and took just three months to complete. Grab it on August 19, and in the meantime, get those headphones ready for a long journey.
1. Where You Go I Go Too
2. Grand Ideas
3. The Long Way Home
Above: Lindstrøm (left) with partner in crime Prins Thomas. Photo By Lin Stensrud.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player