Malcolm McLaren Film in Times Square
Since he does happen to be the founder of the Sex Pistols, Malcom McLaren pretty much has free reign to do whatever the hell he wants artistically–like create a film that consists of 21 "musical paintings" and have it shown in Times Square, which is exactly what the Paris-based artist has done.
Shallow was first created for a group show of the same name that ran at the 1-20 gallery in New York. McLaren then went on to complete the series and exhibit it in Switzerland. Now he turns to the gilded MTV screen between 44th and 45th streets in Midtown Manhattan. Selections from the film will be shown at various times throughout the day from June 25 - August 14.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player