Producers Heard At Berlin’s CDR Club
- Words: Tomas Palermo
Recognizing the need for new artists and bedroom producers to be heard, Attica Blues’ Tony Nwachukwu created a club night at London’s Plastic People last year for all those budding GarageBand, FruityLoops, and Ableton users.
This week will mark the debut of CDR Berlin, which takes place this Thursday, June 26 at club Tape. Similar to San Francisco’s Test Press events initiated by Pyramind Digital Academy, producers, labels,
listeners, and others can bring their new music on CD to Tape, to be aired before a club audience and some great guest DJs. Alex Barck (Jazzanova, Sonar Kollektiv, Berlin, pictured above), Simbad (Marathon Men, Raw Fusion, London), and Dirk Rumpff (OFFtrack, CDR Berlin) will join Nwachukwu to spin and give feedback on tracks.
Artists can also upload their files in advance by following this link. Artists who bring work on the night are requested to include their name, track title, and email address. According to Nwachukwu, “CDR is the platform for the airing of new ideas, works in progress, unreleased songs, remixes, and edits in a soundsystem-oriented environment. Created on laptops, bedroom studios, sampling sequencers, and digital multi-tracks, music producers can air their productions in a neutral space to a like-minded audience. CDR now continues its quest in Berlin at Tape Club to connect producers, labels, DJs, and music lovers–simply for the love of the music.”
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player