Producers Heard At Berlin’s CDR Club
- Words: Tomas Palermo
Recognizing the need for new artists and bedroom producers to be heard, Attica Blues’ Tony Nwachukwu created a club night at London’s Plastic People last year for all those budding GarageBand, FruityLoops, and Ableton users.
This week will mark the debut of CDR Berlin, which takes place this Thursday, June 26 at club Tape. Similar to San Francisco’s Test Press events initiated by Pyramind Digital Academy, producers, labels,
listeners, and others can bring their new music on CD to Tape, to be aired before a club audience and some great guest DJs. Alex Barck (Jazzanova, Sonar Kollektiv, Berlin, pictured above), Simbad (Marathon Men, Raw Fusion, London), and Dirk Rumpff (OFFtrack, CDR Berlin) will join Nwachukwu to spin and give feedback on tracks.
Artists can also upload their files in advance by following this link. Artists who bring work on the night are requested to include their name, track title, and email address. According to Nwachukwu, “CDR is the platform for the airing of new ideas, works in progress, unreleased songs, remixes, and edits in a soundsystem-oriented environment. Created on laptops, bedroom studios, sampling sequencers, and digital multi-tracks, music producers can air their productions in a neutral space to a like-minded audience. CDR now continues its quest in Berlin at Tape Club to connect producers, labels, DJs, and music lovers–simply for the love of the music.”
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player